What have I learnt? A lot.
But nothing deep about myself or the universe or the future, just ... stuff. When you go to uni every day, you're bound to be learning something, no? I've learnt how to diagnose aphasias, some theories of international relations and international law, a whole lot about different cultures, that I'm terrible at any sort of economics, some interesting stuff about people's love lives, and also that it feels awesome to stand at the podium in a lecture theatre. Nothing incredibly exciting.
Oh, and I almost forgot: I've also learnt that as brilliant as I may be at lying, I am an awful actor. It's not something I enjoy doing, but sometimes when there's something you want, it helps to dumb yourself down a bit. I know that probably sounds terrible, but it reminds me of the lyric from Working Class Hero: "They hate if you're clever and despise a fool". Sometimes you just have to find that middle ground. And it seems I'm not very good at that at all.
Musings on those things that are never simply black or white: language, politics, religion, psychology, human nature, and life itself.
Pages
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(47)
-
▼
November
(8)
- Kevin Rudd is coming to UWA!
- You retain 80% of information when you're teaching...
- Day 30: Your favorite song
- Day 29: In this past month, what have you learned
- Day 28: A picture of you from last year and now, h...
- Day 27: Why are you doing this 30 day challenge
- Day 26: What do you think about your friends
- So you want to get a PhD in the humanities?
-
▼
November
(8)
Followers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nikki
-
23 year old student of linguistics, political science and international relations at UWA. Atheist. Psych grad. Devil's advocate.
Lover of language and languages, politics, psychology, anthropology, reason, tennis, dogs, foreign films, classical music, champagne, and procrastination.
Hater of religion, economics, cats, and RWNJs.
Labels
- 30 day challenge (31)
- angry (1)
- anxiety (1)
- atheism (1)
- australia (1)
- beliefs (1)
- blogging (1)
- Christmas (1)
- coincidence (3)
- Commonwealth Games (1)
- conspiracies (1)
- dreams (2)
- English (1)
- evil (1)
- evolution (1)
- exams (1)
- family (1)
- friends (1)
- Glenn Beck (1)
- goals (3)
- holiday (1)
- Jack (1)
- Kevin Rudd (1)
- language (1)
- memories (2)
- Murdoch (1)
- music (3)
- people (1)
- philosophy (1)
- plans (1)
- politics (4)
- procrastination (1)
- progressivism (1)
- psychism (1)
- quiz (1)
- religion (2)
- rtrfm (1)
- spies (1)
- Sydney (1)
- twitter (2)
- university (5)
- UWA (3)
- values (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment