I can never choose a favourite song, sorry. How about my current favourite band instead?
(Remind me not do to this in my exams, by the way. "I can't answer your question so I'll replace it with one that suits me instead." Bad.)
I change favourite bands almost as often as I change my underwear, so this probably won't last, but it's currently Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio. They're a Swedish neofolky, experimental, industrialish band - it's hard to say because those genres always tend to flow together. A lot of the music has an unusually soft martial industrial feel to it, but the lyrics are about things like sex, BDSM, and heathenism. You know, the sexy, interesting stuff that you wouldn't play for the children. And, although he's not the most attractive of men, Tomas Pettersson's vocals are strangely alluring.
They're definitely not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but youtube them anyway. You might be surprised.
And wow, with this post my 30 Day Challenge is finally complete. I was sure I'd get bored and give up halfway through, but I've stuck it out and here I am. The blogging habit is certainly well on its way to forming: it's always in the back of my mind when I'm out during the day. So I think that's a pretty good sign. Now I'll hopefully have more time to write about more interesting things, rather than these lame questions. Was nice knowing you, 30DC!
Musings on those things that are never simply black or white: language, politics, religion, psychology, human nature, and life itself.
Pages
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(47)
-
▼
November
(8)
- Kevin Rudd is coming to UWA!
- You retain 80% of information when you're teaching...
- Day 30: Your favorite song
- Day 29: In this past month, what have you learned
- Day 28: A picture of you from last year and now, h...
- Day 27: Why are you doing this 30 day challenge
- Day 26: What do you think about your friends
- So you want to get a PhD in the humanities?
-
▼
November
(8)
Followers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nikki
-
23 year old student of linguistics, political science and international relations at UWA. Atheist. Psych grad. Devil's advocate.
Lover of language and languages, politics, psychology, anthropology, reason, tennis, dogs, foreign films, classical music, champagne, and procrastination.
Hater of religion, economics, cats, and RWNJs.
Labels
- 30 day challenge (31)
- angry (1)
- anxiety (1)
- atheism (1)
- australia (1)
- beliefs (1)
- blogging (1)
- Christmas (1)
- coincidence (3)
- Commonwealth Games (1)
- conspiracies (1)
- dreams (2)
- English (1)
- evil (1)
- evolution (1)
- exams (1)
- family (1)
- friends (1)
- Glenn Beck (1)
- goals (3)
- holiday (1)
- Jack (1)
- Kevin Rudd (1)
- language (1)
- memories (2)
- Murdoch (1)
- music (3)
- people (1)
- philosophy (1)
- plans (1)
- politics (4)
- procrastination (1)
- progressivism (1)
- psychism (1)
- quiz (1)
- religion (2)
- rtrfm (1)
- spies (1)
- Sydney (1)
- twitter (2)
- university (5)
- UWA (3)
- values (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment