If it's true that teaching others is the best way to learn, then I ought to be an expert by now. My exams start tomorrow - two on the same day! - and I've spent more of the last week teaching than studying. Some friends and I organised a study group to meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and I thought that would be a good opportunity to catch up on the things I wasn't so sure of. But it turned out everybody knew less than I did and I spent all of my time explaining things. No offence to any of them, of course, because I can understand how some of the concepts would be difficult to grasp. Not to mention I love helping others out and if they can do better because of me, that's fantastic. But now I'm sitting here going, "Shit, do I actually know enough for the exam?" Blogging about it obviously isn't the best way to find out and potentially rectify the problem, I know, but that's beside the point.
I suppose I ought to get back to it though. It's 10pm and I still have so much more work to do, and I've completely forgotten what I actually came here to blog about in the first place. I guess it'll just have to wait. Until when, I'm not sure, because it's going to be one hell of a week. The joys of university, huh?
Musings on those things that are never simply black or white: language, politics, religion, psychology, human nature, and life itself.
Pages
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(47)
-
▼
November
(8)
- Kevin Rudd is coming to UWA!
- You retain 80% of information when you're teaching...
- Day 30: Your favorite song
- Day 29: In this past month, what have you learned
- Day 28: A picture of you from last year and now, h...
- Day 27: Why are you doing this 30 day challenge
- Day 26: What do you think about your friends
- So you want to get a PhD in the humanities?
-
▼
November
(8)
Followers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nikki
-
23 year old student of linguistics, political science and international relations at UWA. Atheist. Psych grad. Devil's advocate.
Lover of language and languages, politics, psychology, anthropology, reason, tennis, dogs, foreign films, classical music, champagne, and procrastination.
Hater of religion, economics, cats, and RWNJs.
Labels
- 30 day challenge (31)
- angry (1)
- anxiety (1)
- atheism (1)
- australia (1)
- beliefs (1)
- blogging (1)
- Christmas (1)
- coincidence (3)
- Commonwealth Games (1)
- conspiracies (1)
- dreams (2)
- English (1)
- evil (1)
- evolution (1)
- exams (1)
- family (1)
- friends (1)
- Glenn Beck (1)
- goals (3)
- holiday (1)
- Jack (1)
- Kevin Rudd (1)
- language (1)
- memories (2)
- Murdoch (1)
- music (3)
- people (1)
- philosophy (1)
- plans (1)
- politics (4)
- procrastination (1)
- progressivism (1)
- psychism (1)
- quiz (1)
- religion (2)
- rtrfm (1)
- spies (1)
- Sydney (1)
- twitter (2)
- university (5)
- UWA (3)
- values (1)
1 comments:
I was always told that as well. But it usually helps if you actually know the material you're supposed to be teaching to other people :P
Post a Comment