Thursday, September 30, 2010 | By: Nikki

Cheese or font?

Cheese or font?


Can't tell your Goudy from your Gouda?

Don't worry, neither can I. But I stumbled across this interesting game, Cheese or Font? just before and thought I'd share. It's pretty simple: you're given a funny-sounding name and all you have to do is guess whether it's a cheese or a font. I like fonts and I love cheese, but I honestly don't know a whole lot about either. Sans-serif, bold, condensed, cheddar, smoked, blue ... that about does it for me. So I had a bit of fun with it.

There are 268 items, but there was no way I was going to do all of them so I just settled for 38. The first time around I just did a blind test, clicking randomly on either without looking at the name given. 52%, pretty much what you'd expect from chance. Then I went through again and actually attempted to get them right, and I managed 63%. Eh, not too bad, but I certainly won't be calling myself a font or cheese connoisseur anytime soon.

(Oh, and for the record: Calaveras is a font)

0 comments:

Post a Comment