So, it's day one of my vegetarian month. Morale is high and there have not yet been any casualties, so it's a good start. I mentioned in my last post that there are a lot of meat replacements on the market, and I've since gone out and bought pretty much every one I could find:
 |
| Smoked deli slices. They look and feel like polony but taste like beef jerky. |
 |
| BBQ sausages. |
 |
| Hot dogs. I have to say, I'm a little apprehensive about these. |
|
|
 |
| Gourmet sausages. Yep, it seems like they're big on the fake sausages. |
 |
| Vegie kebabs. They look tasty enough. |
 |
| Sweet chilli and lime vegie burgers. These are full of chickpeas and taste far better than regular burgers |
 |
| Fake bacon. Fakon? Facon? This sounds all well and good until you see what it actually looks like ... |
 |
| Eww. |
 |
| Lentil burger 'meat'. |
 |
| Casserole 'mince' ... in a tin? |
 |
| I have no idea what nutmeat is supposed to be or why it's a tin, but I guess we'll see. |
 |
| Vegetarian mince, in a box. I'm very curious to know how that works. |
As you can see, I'm very well prepared! Also, Sanitarium ought to pay me for advertising their products ;)
I had dinner a little while ago and I can really feel the difference already. The vegie burger is a lot easier to digest than meat; my stomach isn't gurgling like it usually does and I don't have that heavy feeling in my gut. Also, the smell of the meat burger that my dad started cooking afterwards made me want to vomit. You could smell the fat just pouring out of it - practically feel it in the air - and I can't help but wonder how I ever would have wanted to eat that. Amazing on just the first day, right?
Let's just hope I can stay this positive for the next 29 days. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any artificial chicken products out there and god knows that's what I'm going to miss the most. How on earth does one survive without chicken?
0 comments:
Post a Comment