Saturday, October 16, 2010 | By: Nikki

Day 10: Songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad

Ugh, these are the sorts of questions I hate. And since I'm on the laptop at the moment, I won't be able to go through my itunes library, so this will probably be a poor effort.

When I'm happy, I love upbeat music. This is often new-ish stuff with a heavy beat and simple lyrics. Just turn on Nova and that'll give you a pretty good idea. I also love foreign music and tend to fall back to a few favourites: Junge by Die Ärzte, Primavera Anticipada by Laura Pausini & James Blunt, Inolvidable by Reik, Tú No Eres Para Mí by Fanny Lu etc. Fun listening.

When I'm sad, hyped, or mad, I like angry militaristic music, particularly martial industrial. It's probably a strange genre to like, but I find it inspiring, uplifting, and powerful. The dum dum dum drumbeat draws me in and appeals to the more disciplined side of me (and ok, maybe also inspires images of sexy military men), and I just love it. It helps me channel my bad moods and excessive energy. I don't know about particular songs though, I just like to let Youtube decide for me: there are plenty of good playlists out there. Power metal is another good genre for pumping me up. And again, Youtube playlists take care of the song choices for me. Yes, my itunes library is in serious need of an update.

And then when I'm bored (or in any other mood, I suppose), I love classical music. My favourite pieces are O Fortuna by Carl Orff, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, and Chopin's Nocturne no.21 in C Minor (this version).

There's probably a lot more I could list (Backstreet Boys, Muse, ABBA, Il Divo, Darren Hayes, Enrique Iglesias, MCR etc) but I've just about run out of time here. I think I've managed to cover the basics, at least. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment