If you're asking me to point out a specific person in my life, then I can't do that. There's nobody I know at the moment whom I could see myself marrying ... not happily, at least. But if this is about describing a hypothetical person, then that will be fun:
Physically, he'd be taller than me, probably around 6'1". Average build with nice arms, but not a full set of rippling abs. Not a gym junkie, just conscious enough of his health and body. Blue or grey eyes are ideal, and I'm cool with any hair colour that isn't red (no offense, redheads). It'd be great if he were one of those rare men who could actually pull off the stubble look too.
He'd be older than me, more experienced, and probably around the same level of intelligence. But while some of our areas of expertise should overlap, others shouldn't: I want to be able to impress him with random facts and have him to be able to do the same to me. He should be able to speak another language and have a sexy accent - sorry, Australian accents just don't do it for me. He must love science and reason, be a staunch atheist, and be fairly political liberal. I just don't think I could live and raise children with somebody who disagreed with me religiously and politically. He should have an awesome sense of humour, able to come out with both offensive politically incorrect one-liners and cringe-worthy dad jokes. He'd be the kind of guy who gets along well with his family and genuinely wants one of his own.
He'd sit somewhere in the middle of the extravert-introvert scale; able to have deep conversations but also good at working a crowd and pulling me out of my comfort zone. But I don't want him to be one of those über social butterflies who stop every 10 steps to have a conversation with some other familiar person along the way. He should enjoy sports - I worry about any man who doesn't - but should enjoy knowledge more. He'd be a white collar worker, well educated at university, and earning a decent but not excessive income. They say that happiness peaks at $75,000, so somewhere around there, I suppose. He'd also need to have a sense of adventure, a desire to travel the world, and always be up for trying new and unusual things. A dominant personality. Somebody who is my equal, but whom I can also look up to when things are tough. Essentially, I want a slightly more exciting, motivated, and funny version of myself. And most importantly, he would love me for who I am. He'd never want me to change and would protect me, adore me, and always be himself around me. That's the kind of man I want to marry.
If he exists, can somebody please find him for me?
Musings on those things that are never simply black or white: language, politics, religion, psychology, human nature, and life itself.
Pages
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(47)
-
▼
October
(29)
- Day 25: What I would find in your bag
- Day 24: A letter to your parents
- Day 23: Something you crave a lot
- Day 22: What makes you different from everyone else
- You're an idiot
- Day 21: A picture of something that makes you happy
- Day 20: Someone you see yourself marrying or being...
- Day 19: Nicknames you have and why you have them
- Day 18: Plans/dreams/goals you have
- Day 17: Someone you would want to switch lives wit...
- Day 16: Another picture of yourself
- Day 15: Put you ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs th...
- Day 14: A picture of you and your family
- How progressive are you?
- Day 13: A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
- Day 12: How you found out about blogging and why y...
- Day 11: Another picture of you and your friends
- Day 10: Songs you listen to when you are happy, sa...
- Day 9: Something you're proud of in the past few days
- Day 8: Short term goals for this month and why
- Day 7: A picture of someone/something that has the...
- Day 6: Favourite super hero and why
- Day 5: A picture of somewhere you've been to
- Day 4: A habit that you wish you didn’t have
- Day 3: A picture of you and your friends
- Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name
- Day 1: A recent picture of you and 15 interesting ...
- 30 Day Challenge
- Donald Duck Meets Glenn Beck
-
▼
October
(29)
Followers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nikki
-
23 year old student of linguistics, political science and international relations at UWA. Atheist. Psych grad. Devil's advocate.
Lover of language and languages, politics, psychology, anthropology, reason, tennis, dogs, foreign films, classical music, champagne, and procrastination.
Hater of religion, economics, cats, and RWNJs.
Labels
- 30 day challenge (31)
- angry (1)
- anxiety (1)
- atheism (1)
- australia (1)
- beliefs (1)
- blogging (1)
- Christmas (1)
- coincidence (3)
- Commonwealth Games (1)
- conspiracies (1)
- dreams (2)
- English (1)
- evil (1)
- evolution (1)
- exams (1)
- family (1)
- friends (1)
- Glenn Beck (1)
- goals (3)
- holiday (1)
- Jack (1)
- Kevin Rudd (1)
- language (1)
- memories (2)
- Murdoch (1)
- music (3)
- people (1)
- philosophy (1)
- plans (1)
- politics (4)
- procrastination (1)
- progressivism (1)
- psychism (1)
- quiz (1)
- religion (2)
- rtrfm (1)
- spies (1)
- Sydney (1)
- twitter (2)
- university (5)
- UWA (3)
- values (1)
1 comments:
"He should enjoy sports - I worry about any man who doesn't"
My boyfriend doesn't like sports so much and I do worry about him. And I constantly feel more at ease with his friends for that reason. xD
Post a Comment