Ah, goals. I'm terrible at them. I pretty much never set any unless forced, and even then I usually forget them within a couple of days. I'm just no good at motivating myself. But since I'm being forced now, let's see what I can come up with for the next 30 days:
1. Pass my exams
I think this is the most important one. I'm not worried about linguistics and will be aiming for 90% in that one, and politics should be alright too - hopefully 80%. However, micro and macroeconomics I'm really stressing about. I'll be aiming for about 75% and that's going to take a lot of doing. But as soon as I get all of my assignments out of the way (next Thursday is my last one), I'll be hitting the books as hard as I can. Fingers crossed.
2. Formulate some research ideas
I've been thinking of starting some sort of independent research for a while now. I have some very vague ideas, but I really need to consolidate them and do a whole lot of reading. It would be nice to get a start on that within the next month. Time permitting, of course.
3. Lose over 5 kilos
Yep, I need to get off my lazy arse and do some more exercise. I could probably aim higher, but I want to make sure I actually achieve it so I'll keep the bar low for now. At least then I'm more likely to be pleasantly surprised.
Ok, I think three should do it. The next month is going to be pretty hectic with uni so keeping it simple is definitely the best idea. I hope I'll actually end up doing any better than every other time.
Musings on those things that are never simply black or white: language, politics, religion, psychology, human nature, and life itself.
Pages
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(47)
-
▼
October
(29)
- Day 25: What I would find in your bag
- Day 24: A letter to your parents
- Day 23: Something you crave a lot
- Day 22: What makes you different from everyone else
- You're an idiot
- Day 21: A picture of something that makes you happy
- Day 20: Someone you see yourself marrying or being...
- Day 19: Nicknames you have and why you have them
- Day 18: Plans/dreams/goals you have
- Day 17: Someone you would want to switch lives wit...
- Day 16: Another picture of yourself
- Day 15: Put you ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs th...
- Day 14: A picture of you and your family
- How progressive are you?
- Day 13: A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
- Day 12: How you found out about blogging and why y...
- Day 11: Another picture of you and your friends
- Day 10: Songs you listen to when you are happy, sa...
- Day 9: Something you're proud of in the past few days
- Day 8: Short term goals for this month and why
- Day 7: A picture of someone/something that has the...
- Day 6: Favourite super hero and why
- Day 5: A picture of somewhere you've been to
- Day 4: A habit that you wish you didn’t have
- Day 3: A picture of you and your friends
- Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name
- Day 1: A recent picture of you and 15 interesting ...
- 30 Day Challenge
- Donald Duck Meets Glenn Beck
-
▼
October
(29)
Followers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nikki
-
23 year old student of linguistics, political science and international relations at UWA. Atheist. Psych grad. Devil's advocate.
Lover of language and languages, politics, psychology, anthropology, reason, tennis, dogs, foreign films, classical music, champagne, and procrastination.
Hater of religion, economics, cats, and RWNJs.
Labels
- 30 day challenge (31)
- angry (1)
- anxiety (1)
- atheism (1)
- australia (1)
- beliefs (1)
- blogging (1)
- Christmas (1)
- coincidence (3)
- Commonwealth Games (1)
- conspiracies (1)
- dreams (2)
- English (1)
- evil (1)
- evolution (1)
- exams (1)
- family (1)
- friends (1)
- Glenn Beck (1)
- goals (3)
- holiday (1)
- Jack (1)
- Kevin Rudd (1)
- language (1)
- memories (2)
- Murdoch (1)
- music (3)
- people (1)
- philosophy (1)
- plans (1)
- politics (4)
- procrastination (1)
- progressivism (1)
- psychism (1)
- quiz (1)
- religion (2)
- rtrfm (1)
- spies (1)
- Sydney (1)
- twitter (2)
- university (5)
- UWA (3)
- values (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment