Monday, October 11, 2010 | By: Nikki

Day 5: A picture of somewhere you've been to

I haven't been to many exciting places, so this is the best I've got:


Sydney!

This was a bit of a spontaneous trip actually. My best friend and I were discussing how much we needed to get away from everything and suddenly we'd booked the trip. It was just from Friday til Tuesday but it gave us enough time to look around and recover from the stresses of real life. I think the above photo was taken from Luna Park, which was surprisingly small and dull. The amount of fuss people make about it, you'd think it was massive and exciting, but I would rather spend the day at our own Adventure World.

The hotel we stayed at, although it was well-priced and had everything we needed, was TINY. The shower was bigger than the rest of the bathroom. Also, the train line was literally only a few metres outside our window, and the trains would go thundering past every 20 minutes for the entire night. Fortunately, the rest of Sydney was far better. The view from Circular Quay was lovely, we went on a nice harbour cruise, and the casino was amazing.

View of the Opera House from our cruise ship.
Unfortunately though, we had a big night at the casino the night before we had to fly home, and being hungover and sick on a plane is no fun at all. I could barely move all morning and spent some time being sick in the plane toilet (mile high vomit club - classy!), and Shannon ended up going into some scary catatonic state that freaked everyone out. The flight attendants had to put her on oxygen and were convinced she had taken drugs, which she absolutely hadn't. So it was a fun flight.

All in all, we had a good time though. It was good to get away from uni and work and everyday life for a while, and Sydney really is a nice city. I could probably never live there - people seem to have no concept of personal space - but it would be nice to visit again and explore some more.

1 comments:

Shannon Moore said...

That flight back was scary. I wasn't sure whether I was going to vomit or pass out xD

I totally should have listened to you and gone to the Casino the night before. But oh well.

Post a Comment