I hate super heroes.
I never read the comics, I never watched the tv shows, and I rarely see the movies. I just think they're lame. It's always some regular person with some sort of childhood tragedy who suddenly has to go around saving the city from a psychotic super villain, and that just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'm just a party pooper?
The only person close to a super hero whom I ever remember liking was Captain Planet. I loved that show. Maybe I just thought the theme song was catchy, or else I was a hardcore environmentalist as a child, I don't know. But it was my favourite show for a long time. So yeah, I'll go with Captain Planet. Not only did he save the planet, but he didn't bore everyone with his childhood woes, he didn't have to hide his identity, and he never had run-ins with bitter people from his past who made it their personal vendetta to destroy him. That, and we only ever saw him for about 5 minutes per episode.
Musings on those things that are never simply black or white: language, politics, religion, psychology, human nature, and life itself.
Pages
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(47)
-
▼
October
(29)
- Day 25: What I would find in your bag
- Day 24: A letter to your parents
- Day 23: Something you crave a lot
- Day 22: What makes you different from everyone else
- You're an idiot
- Day 21: A picture of something that makes you happy
- Day 20: Someone you see yourself marrying or being...
- Day 19: Nicknames you have and why you have them
- Day 18: Plans/dreams/goals you have
- Day 17: Someone you would want to switch lives wit...
- Day 16: Another picture of yourself
- Day 15: Put you ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs th...
- Day 14: A picture of you and your family
- How progressive are you?
- Day 13: A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
- Day 12: How you found out about blogging and why y...
- Day 11: Another picture of you and your friends
- Day 10: Songs you listen to when you are happy, sa...
- Day 9: Something you're proud of in the past few days
- Day 8: Short term goals for this month and why
- Day 7: A picture of someone/something that has the...
- Day 6: Favourite super hero and why
- Day 5: A picture of somewhere you've been to
- Day 4: A habit that you wish you didn’t have
- Day 3: A picture of you and your friends
- Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name
- Day 1: A recent picture of you and 15 interesting ...
- 30 Day Challenge
- Donald Duck Meets Glenn Beck
-
▼
October
(29)
Followers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nikki
-
23 year old student of linguistics, political science and international relations at UWA. Atheist. Psych grad. Devil's advocate.
Lover of language and languages, politics, psychology, anthropology, reason, tennis, dogs, foreign films, classical music, champagne, and procrastination.
Hater of religion, economics, cats, and RWNJs.
Labels
- 30 day challenge (31)
- angry (1)
- anxiety (1)
- atheism (1)
- australia (1)
- beliefs (1)
- blogging (1)
- Christmas (1)
- coincidence (3)
- Commonwealth Games (1)
- conspiracies (1)
- dreams (2)
- English (1)
- evil (1)
- evolution (1)
- exams (1)
- family (1)
- friends (1)
- Glenn Beck (1)
- goals (3)
- holiday (1)
- Jack (1)
- Kevin Rudd (1)
- language (1)
- memories (2)
- Murdoch (1)
- music (3)
- people (1)
- philosophy (1)
- plans (1)
- politics (4)
- procrastination (1)
- progressivism (1)
- psychism (1)
- quiz (1)
- religion (2)
- rtrfm (1)
- spies (1)
- Sydney (1)
- twitter (2)
- university (5)
- UWA (3)
- values (1)
0 comments:
Post a Comment