Wednesday, October 20, 2010 | By: Nikki

Day 14: A picture of you and your family

Again, I have to skip.

I don't have any photos of me and my family because my mum refuses to let anyone take a photo of her. I think the only thing even close to a family photo is one of my dad, brother, uncle, and me at Christmas about 10 years ago ... and I wouldn't have a clue where to find that.

Also, speaking of my uncle, I just found out he had a stroke today. So even if I could find a photo, forgive me for not being in the mood to write a lot. He may be a complete arsehole, but he's still my mum's brother. And as much as she despises him, I know it will still kill her when she gets home and finds out. Family is family, after all. So I just feel for her at the moment.

On a less compassionate note, I'm trying to do an assignment on aphasia at the moment, and now all I can think about is if he'll have some form of it because of the stroke, and if I'll be able to diagnose it. I know that probably sounds incredibly heartless, but I can't help my inquisitive scientific mind. You see what you're doing to me, linguistics?

0 comments:

Post a Comment