Saturday, October 23, 2010 | By: Nikki

Day 17: Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why

I don't care how lame this sounds ... a top secret spy in the CIA. Yes, I'm sticking with the term 'spy' because 'intelligence officer' just doesn't sound as exciting. And I'm saying CIA because ASIS doesn't seem to have the same appeal. Everyone knows the CIA is where it's at.

It was always my dream to be a spy and travel the world masquerading as someone I'm not in order to elicit important information from others. What a lifestyle. I know it wouldn't be all action and jetsetting, but I can handle the desk job part in exchange for some excitement like that. Also, getting to be privy to secret information and knowing things that others aren't allowed to know ... doesn't that just sound amazing?

My dreams are still filled with top secret missions, and running for my life from masked gunmen. While my friends are dreaming about sleeping with celebrities, I'm dreaming about advanced computer hacking programs, classified documents, intricate cover stories, walking straight into danger and then talking my way out of it, and exciting action scenes that could be straight out of a Hollywood movie. It's probably because my real life is so mundane. I love what I'm studying at university - god, do I ever - but I just need some more excitement. And what better to provide that excitement than working for the CIA?

Is the spy lifestyle really like that? Is it really as exciting as they show on television? Probably not, but I'd sure love to have a day to find out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment