Niklips: This is mostly from my best friend and not used that often anymore, mostly just in text messages and the like. I know it started back in high school but that's about it. I guess we all had an obsession with slightly amusing body parts back then and it just kind of flows.
Niggy: This one pisses me off and my friends know it. We went out clubbing one night and a black man started dancing with me. As I yelled in his ear that I had to leave, my friends snapped a blurry photo and it sort of, almost, not really at all looks like I'm kissing him. That was at least 18 months ago but they still won't let me live it down. Now, almost every time a black guy appears in a movie or somewhere nearby, my immature
And then, of course, we have strange nicknames in my family. My brother and I sometimes call my dad 'biatch' and we get called it in return too. It started out as an in-joke from somewhere, but now it's been so long that we've all forgotten where it came from. I call my brother 'boyyy' in the same way Foghorn Leghorn says it and so he calls me 'girrrl' in a similar voice. I actually can't even remember the last time we used each other's real names. My mum generally calls me 'Nik' or 'Knickers', but sometimes goes with 'girrrl' too. All of this would probably be quite shocking to other people looking in (especially us calling our father 'bitch'), but we still respect each other. I guess it's just ... amusing.
But most of the time, for most people, I'm just 'Nik'. And I like it that way. Some people hate when people shorten their names (almost every David I've known has despised being called Dave), but I like the bonding that comes with it. I always get a little excited when a new person calls me Nik for the first time because it shows we've made a decent connection and that they're comfortable with me. And for someone like me who never pays as much attention to people and their feelings as she should, that's really helpful.
1 comments:
NIKLIPS!
I have no idea how that one started either.
And Chad actually started the 'Niggy' thing. And you know that you'll never live that down, right? Hahaha.
Nicknames are lolz
Post a Comment