I have no idea.
I've done absolutely nothing of significance in the last few days. I've been so busy with uni work that I've had no time to do anything exciting or worthy of pride. And even then, I can't even be proud of doing a good job on uni work, because I haven't. I haven't been able to motivate myself to do much and tonight was supposed to be my crack-down night. Hah.
So instead of being proud of myself, I'm proud of all of the Australian athletes who competed in the Commonwealth Games and helped us run away with the competition. They weren't all necessarily the most sportsmanly, but they were brilliant and really did our country proud. Bringing home 177 medals, 74 of which were gold, is a fantastic achievement for the team. I know it's not as big as the Olympics and a lot of people didn't care about it, but I did and it's always lovely to see international competition of such a high standard.
It's also nice to see an event not dominated by the Americans or Chinese, where we actually stand a chance :) Good on you, guys!
Musings on those things that are never simply black or white: language, politics, religion, psychology, human nature, and life itself.
Pages
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(47)
-
▼
October
(29)
- Day 25: What I would find in your bag
- Day 24: A letter to your parents
- Day 23: Something you crave a lot
- Day 22: What makes you different from everyone else
- You're an idiot
- Day 21: A picture of something that makes you happy
- Day 20: Someone you see yourself marrying or being...
- Day 19: Nicknames you have and why you have them
- Day 18: Plans/dreams/goals you have
- Day 17: Someone you would want to switch lives wit...
- Day 16: Another picture of yourself
- Day 15: Put you ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs th...
- Day 14: A picture of you and your family
- How progressive are you?
- Day 13: A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
- Day 12: How you found out about blogging and why y...
- Day 11: Another picture of you and your friends
- Day 10: Songs you listen to when you are happy, sa...
- Day 9: Something you're proud of in the past few days
- Day 8: Short term goals for this month and why
- Day 7: A picture of someone/something that has the...
- Day 6: Favourite super hero and why
- Day 5: A picture of somewhere you've been to
- Day 4: A habit that you wish you didn’t have
- Day 3: A picture of you and your friends
- Day 2: The meaning behind your blog name
- Day 1: A recent picture of you and 15 interesting ...
- 30 Day Challenge
- Donald Duck Meets Glenn Beck
-
▼
October
(29)
Followers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Nikki
-
23 year old student of linguistics, political science and international relations at UWA. Atheist. Psych grad. Devil's advocate.
Lover of language and languages, politics, psychology, anthropology, reason, tennis, dogs, foreign films, classical music, champagne, and procrastination.
Hater of religion, economics, cats, and RWNJs.
Labels
- 30 day challenge (31)
- angry (1)
- anxiety (1)
- atheism (1)
- australia (1)
- beliefs (1)
- blogging (1)
- Christmas (1)
- coincidence (3)
- Commonwealth Games (1)
- conspiracies (1)
- dreams (2)
- English (1)
- evil (1)
- evolution (1)
- exams (1)
- family (1)
- friends (1)
- Glenn Beck (1)
- goals (3)
- holiday (1)
- Jack (1)
- Kevin Rudd (1)
- language (1)
- memories (2)
- Murdoch (1)
- music (3)
- people (1)
- philosophy (1)
- plans (1)
- politics (4)
- procrastination (1)
- progressivism (1)
- psychism (1)
- quiz (1)
- religion (2)
- rtrfm (1)
- spies (1)
- Sydney (1)
- twitter (2)
- university (5)
- UWA (3)
- values (1)
1 comments:
I love the Commonwealth Games as well. Although they kinda ruined it at the end by trashing the athlete's village xD
But the way we dominated got kinda boring. It's like they weren't up against anyone worthy (no offence to the other countries). Which is why I like the Olympics better - more of a challenge.
But still, congrats to the athletes who did our country proud :)
Post a Comment